Saturday, February 10, 2007

Weight Training Rides Again

Given the lack of scale movement last week, I thought it was time to revisit the weight room.

Weight training is not my favorite thing to do. But I know it's effective, even in small doses, especially consistent small doses.

As I walked into the weight room yesterday morning feeling rather mad, I remembered a gem from Kathy Iorio, a fitness guru/friend from Erie: You don't have to like it, you just have to do it.

So true.

So I got one session in. And SBF Marji volunteered to meet me at the gym before our weekly group meeting with Kathy tomorrow and "work it girl" again.

Who knows, I might end up liking it a little more than I thought...we'll see.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Marjorie said...

The cool thing I'm finding about making myself do things to which I would normall say "No way Jose" is that I'm finding I sorta like 'em. I would have never imagined myself enjoying exercising in the morning, but here I am. In the meantime, I'm glad we'll be doing weights together tomorrow because I'm still not loving weight training myself. haha!

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inquiring minds want to know...I want to know...So, are you starting to like it more? :)

Either way, good job for getting to the gym--angry or not. :)And hopefully in time--your endorphins will lift during your weight workouts and as you leave the gym the anger will be replaced by "Aaaah" and you will be smiling that beautiful, happy Donna smile and spreading light and love throughout the land. :)

And it IS amazing,just as Marjorie noted above--as I implemented more exercise, including weights and running, I began to enjoy them more and love the results I was seeing in my body. This was very new to me and it made me feel really good about myself.

I had always kind of believed that others could be athletic...not me...and I found out that I could be pretty fit too. What fun! :)

I see the three of us doing a jog at the beach by this time next year! :) Wanna play? Wanna play?

With Love,
Kathy

www.kathybowesonline.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home