Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day Three & Feeling Better

I have to say, at the end of day one, I didn't post because I would have basically said, "I hate this so much." I was tired, hungry and grumpy. Step class wasn't its usual joy because my energy was low and in the evening, when I usually try to squeeze in a few more work hours, I was sitting comatose in front of the TV (watching "Top Chef," a bad choice for a hungry person) and finally went to bed.

I attribute the toughness of the day to several things beyond limiting my calories to 1,500, including tiredness from the weekend with friends in Portland at the Miracle Mastery conference, along with a little bit of caffeine (which I've been off of for weeks) and some questionable sauce (read: sugar) on lunchtime food.

Luckily, Tuesday dawned much brighter and today, well, today I am my chipper and energetic self, in awe of how I can make 1,500 calories last all day and not feel deprived. I've decided to postpone the weight training for a week or so until I really get into the groove of things, though.

My life has been made easy by eating the same thing all three days, that's for sure, and preparing those things ahead of time.

Plus, I got a mental and spiritual boost this morning when I was making breakfast. I just had the sensation--the lightness and brightness--of feeling slimmer. It was the nicest feeling. I like that! I want more of that! :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a tough start to this and I am grateful you hung in there and are feeling better today. Thank You, God! And thank you, Donna, for your willingness.

It sounds like you are right on track, Donna, and how cool that you are not feeling deprived on 1500! Woo hoo! :)

See, we never know until we give it a try. We have all these ideas--many of which are societal beliefs--but until we give it a shot--we really don't know how it will be.

And, yes! I see you enjoying lots and lots of the lightness and brightness of feeling slimmer!

Love you,
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home