Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Working It with a Cold

I'm working my way into a great routine where the Challenge has become part of the structure of my day--not a primary focus of it.

Woke up early this week with cold/allergy symptoms, the brunt of which hit me yesterday. The whole cold thing is rather foreign to me since I started my NAFP, so I'm grateful for that.

With whatever it was, I only had the energy to get in 30 minutes of my normal hour-long walk. I was talking to SBS Teresa about it and she mentioned that she didn't think it was unusual to start a new food or exercise routine and get a cold. That could be.

I can see where I could have caught cold on a number of fronts. In the beginning of the challenge, I was pushing to do more physical activity while at the same time I was sleeping less -- an immune system is bound to get tamped down a bit.

The good news is that today I'm practically symptom free. I got an hour-long walk in the sunshine and also got a sorely needed attitude adjustment after having a trying morning with work.

So YAY to that!

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Marjorie said...

Physical activity boosts your metabolism--probably the reason why you don't get sick too often since you are an exercising maniac! :) But that lack of sleep thing is b-a-d news to the immune system. I'm glad you're back to feeling like your bouncy self again!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! YAY to that! :)

And YAY to how we no longer have to eat over being sick or tired or having trying mornings. If we just hang in there--like you did--and take care of ourselves--things pass and we feel better and grateful and all our favorite feelings return! Yipee!

Hope you are feeling even better today, you healed, whole and healthy woman, you. :)

With Love,
Kathy

www.kathybowesonline.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home