Saturday, January 27, 2007

5 1/2 Pounds and Counting

It was one of those cartoon moments.

This morning I got on the scale at 24 Horton Plaza and started sliding the thingys around...when it balanced out at 265 I didn't believe it. I looked first at the big thingy to make sure it was on 250. Yes. Then that the little one to see if it was on 15. Yes. Then I looked at the silver wall in front of the scale and did the math in my head again...carry the one...265. And then I looked back at the big one. And then the little one. And the big one one more time...and I was convinced.

It's still "just a number," but it's one I like better than what was showing a few days ago!

5 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Congratulations, Donna! I've enjoyed reading your blog all week, and I have found it so entertaining and inspiring. Therefore, I was thrilled to read about your excellent weight loss success - you sure earned that! Tee hee, plus I acted out your scale "cartoon moment" for Braddy, and we both had a good cheerful chuckle with you! Way to go!! SBS

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Thanks for the comment, Teresa! I'm sure you did a spot on rendition of my moment this morning! :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Thanks for the comment, Teresa! I'm sure you did a spot on rendition of my moment this morning! :)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Marjorie said...

WAHOOOO! You Rock, Donna!
I know you have worked hard, but doesn't it seem like a little miracle from the Universe.
It's like those angels that bend over and whisper to every blade of grass "Grow, Grow!" are bending over and whispering to your body "Get thinner! Get thinner!"

I don't know if I'm more proud of you for getting on the scale this soon or for actually losing so much! ;)

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean and Peggy, watch out!

Marjorie, you did an awesome job acting out Donna's experience last night in class and Donna--"Oh yeah, uh huh, oh yeah, uh huh!"

"That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it, uh huh, uh huh!"

I am so happy for you!

And I cannot wait to see what is down the road for both of you in the next 83 days or so! Wowee! Good things, beyond our present imaginings, I am sure!

Love you!
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home