Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Typical 1500 Calorie Day

SBS Teresa said some people might be interested in reading what a person who doesn't eat sugar or wheat does in fact eat. So, here's a rundown on a typical day for me on no sugar, no wheat, no aspartame, no caffeine and at 1500 calories...

Breakfast
Spinach, 3/4 cup egg beaters, 4T light cream cheese
decaf coffee with 2 T non-fat 1/2 and 1/2
calories: 240

Lunch
4 oz turkey meat
1 T salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
cucumber slices
1 C Squash with 1 t butter
calories: 385

Snack
Chicken soup (chicken thigh, carrots, celery, parsley)
calories: 160

Snack
4 C popcorn and 1 string cheese
calories: 180

Dinner
4 oz salmon
3 oz sweet potato with cinnamon
calories: 400

Snack
apple
decaf coffee with 2 T non-fat 1/2 & 1/2
calories: 110

Total calories: 1475

I've always been a "grazer," and am lucky to be in a work situation that I can do that easily, so actually my lunch was probably spread out over an hour and a half. I'm usually up at 5:30 a.m. and go to bed at 10:30 or 11. My favorite hour of exercise on a day like this is step class at my gym.

So there you go. Questions? I'm happy to answer them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I'm feeling ready for dinner now. :)

Love you,
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home