Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weight Loss: Accepting Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Like David Bowie sings...

Strange fascination, fascinating me
Changes are taking the pace I'm going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Oh, look out you rock 'n rollers
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Releasing weight is a fascinating process, and the last few weeks I've been adjusting the mental visual to the actual visual of what I'm looking like.

A real shocker came a couple of weekends ago when I was visiting Ron & Tara in Vegas. Ron was kind enough to take some new pictures of me for an Internet business I'm launching soon. After a couple of hours smiling for the camera in various poses, he uploaded them and we took a quick look.

And, peering over Ron's shoulder, I was stunned into silence. I was shocked at how much smaller I've become (and, frankly, how blonde I've encouraged Troung to make my hair--but that's another story).

Seeing myself on that screen was a wake-up moment. In my mind, and until then, I had seen myself 40 pounds or so heavier. What I was seeing on screen didn't match that and I actually had a moment of "that's not me."

The whole situation was enough to get my attention, though, and acknowledge that, 1) yes, that is me, 2) I'm looking good (I wish I could have Ron's special hairlight always shining down on me, tho) and 3) get ready for more moments like this as the weight loss continues.

I like the new look -- a lot! And I am indeed looking forward to seeing less and less of myself in pictures to come.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek of one of my favorites -- don't know if it'll be appropriate for the website, but I love the way I'm exuding confidence. What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading this, Donna, and seeing your excitement over the changes you are experiencing. It's so much fun!

And I feel like I am seeing "more and more" of YOU, actually! :) The extra weight--was not YOU. It was just extra weight. :)

And I love the way you are exuding confidence and self-love! You look beautiful!

With Love,
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home