Monday, March 19, 2007

The Challenge was a Challenge in Vegas

Home from a week spent with SBS Teresa, Super Best Brother in Law (SBBiL) Brad and Super Best Buds (SBBs) Tara & Ron in Vegas. Had a great time, but The Challenge was a challenge in certain areas, namely calorie intake & exercise. (What else is there you ask? Well, I think there's a spiritual dimension to it, too, which I kept strong.)

Thanks to some beautiful weather and early morning walks listening to my iPod, I managed to keep on the exercise, although I didn't get as much as when I'm here in San Diego. Calorie-wise, though, gosh...I even stopped mental counting after awhile because I thought the totals would be quite staggering.

I give SBF Marji credit for traveling and doing The Challenge successfully. I find it much, much easier while in familiar surroundings. The most important thing I discovered, if I travel again during the next few weeks, is that preparation, both mental and physical, is key when looking to keep to 1,500 calories a day while on the road. I didn't do nearly enough of that.

However, the most important thing that happened is that I got back in the groove the minute I came home. It was a relief actually!

All very interesting.

P.S. Here's a pic of Teresa and myself. (Can you tell we're sisters? I'm on the right.) She said many, many nice things to me during our time together, but my favorite has to be, "Yeah, when we spotted you coming down to the escalator I turned to Brad and said, 'Who's that model? Oh, wait, it's Donna!'" :)


1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you. :)

Sounds like you had fun with Teresa, Brad, Tara and Ron! Yay!And good job on getting right back on track with The Challenge when you returned home.

I agree that preparation is key and we can talk more about keeping the food really simple in Las Vegas--in group--because I've been there several times in the past couple of years and it is doable, for sure.

Meanwhile--I love the photo of you and Teresa. You both look beautiful! :)

Have a wonderful day!

With Love,
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home