Sunday, May 13, 2007

Doing a Course Correction

I've hit a slump in the 90 Day Challenge 2.0. I was giving it some thought last night and this morning and then in church this morning had the overwhelming urge to whisper to SBF Marji that I needed her help. I just had to put it out there. Turns out, she needs a pow-wow, too, so we're going to do that later tonight.

Basically, I feel like I need a "course correction." The calories have been creeping up past 1500 a couple of days, and the heavy duty exercise hasn't been there. So I've identified what I don't want and now will concentrate on what I do want: days of 1500 calories or fewer and that little bit extra in the exercise.

What I think I'm going to do is commit to two mornings at the gym where I do some interval training and get some speed going on the elliptical machine and then hop off to go do a circuit of weights upstairs. That, in addition to my frequent walks and step classes, I believe will do the trick exercise wise.

Calorie wise, it's going to center on limiting the snacking -- that's one area where the extra calories are appearing. Also, I'm going to cut down, not eliminate, the fats I've been eating.

Yes, I believe this is going to do the trick.

I'll keep you updated!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home